Organize Your Greeting Cards
How not to be “that person” who always sends a card late
or not at all.
WHY Should We Organize Our Greeting Card Stash?
Life is crazy! That is a simple fact for most of us. We have relatives and loved ones spread throughout the country or around the world. Using a greeting card organizer allows you to be able to stay on top of your greeting cards and cuts down on being late ad missing an occasion completely.
It is so important to let people know we care about them and sometimes a phone call or an internet chat just doesn't do it. That is why greeting cards, letters, and a simple note are so important. Organizing our greeting cards, so that we can send one at a moment's notice is a wonderful way to let people know we care.
HOW to organize your Greeting card stash.
There are many ways to organize your cards:
- Box-Do a DIY and cover a box with decorative paper and add dividers.
- Binder-Get a 3ring binder, add pocket folders, and label them for the occasions you send cards for. -This system works well and can easily be stored in a bookcase.
- Purchase a box intended for card storage. These boxes should have dividers that you can label.
This is a great choice because you can store your cards in the month in which you will send them. By having the dates at a glance, you can tell what you need to purchase and always be on top of getting those memory-making cards to those you love and care about. I used this method for several years.
I switched to a plastic box designed to organized greeting cards. Why? As the family grew, I felt I needed more space for card storage. A plastic box provides a safe storage location and I like that it allows space to also store stamps easily.
Another advantage is that it allows space for “Thank You” and “Thinking of You” types of cards. It is so nice to have those cards at a moment's notice. Sometimes, a simple card to let someone know you are thinking of them is just that kind and thoughtful reaching out to let someone know you appreciate them.
The box comes with 6 dividers that you label so that they fit your needs.
The labels I use for the card organizer are:
- Birthday Adult
- Thinking of You
- Baby Shower
- Sympathy & Misc.
How I use the Greeting Card Organizer.
- Keeping a year-at-a-glance calendar (in the Kit) in the organizer, you know when a card needs to be sent.
- Add Birthdays, anniversaries, and all-important dates for your friends and family to the Year-at-a-Glance Calendar
- When you purchase a card for a specific person, can put a checkmark beside their name on the Year-at-a-Glance Calendar to show that that card has been purchased.
- Next, address the card and put a stamp on it, so that's ready to go when you need to send it.
- When a new month approaches, go through the year-at-a-glance calendar, and if necessary, purchase, or make the cards you need to send.
- Pull out the cards you are going to send and put them in a location that makes it easy to grasp as you go out the door.
- In addition, I add a post-it note with the date the card should be sent.
- As you can see, I store stamps and Birthdays, and other important dates to the Year-at-a-Glance Calendar.
It's a great feeling to make life easier in any way. This one is especially wonderful. Remembering people, you care about enough to send a card is a small but powerful gesture. A snail mail card can be kept and enjoyed for years to come.
I keep many of the cards given to me. It's so warm and fuzzy to read them over again. It makes me happy and I know I am not the only one.
Get the Kit and make your life easier while you help others feel appreciated!